1. We are Artisan Food Law Limited and we own and operate this web site ('the Site').
4. We will provide both free and paid-for content on the Site. This includes but is not limited to the Site’s subscriber content to which access may be secured on payment of a subscription. We reserve the right to vary the free and paid-for content and do not guarantee that the free content will remain free of charge and do not guarantee that the paid-for content will remain a paid-for service.
5. In order to gain access to paid-for content, you agree to pay a subscription fee at the rate in effect when the charge is incurred. You must provide us with complete and accurate payment information. You can pay using a credit or debit card. By submitting credit or debit card details to us you warrant that you are entitled to purchase the paid-for content using those payment details. In the event of an unauthorised payment we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Site and paid-for content. If no payment authorisation is received or payment authorisation is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend access to any paid-for content and/or the Site.
6. We will try to process your request for any paid-for content promptly but do not guarantee that the paid-for content will be available to you by any specified time. A contract with you for paid-for content will come into effect when confirmation of payment has been sent to you. You are free to cancel the subscription at any time, but only if you do so in the first 14 days of any single year's subscription will a refund be made.
7. You have the right, having paid the subscription fee for access to paid-for content for a full year, to cancel the contract for paid-for content and receive a full refund, always provided that your notice of cancellation is received by us within 14 days of the date of the transaction and you have not accessed the paid-for content and so commenced using the subscription services.
8. You do not have to register to use the Site in order to access content other than paid-for content. If you wish to access paid-for content you will be asked to provide us with accurate, complete registration information, including contact details, and it is your responsibility to update and maintain this information. We are entitled to rely on this information to provide paid-for content.
10. In order to access paid-for content from the Site you will have to agree to the terms of our payment partner, PayPal, and will need to review and agree to PayPals terms and conditions. We and PayPal may share information for the purpose of processing your payments.
11. You will be requested to create a Password in a format specified by us (“the Password”). You shall not disclose the Password to any other person or entity and shall ensure that the Password remains confidential at all times. In the event that you know or have a reasonable suspicion that a third party knows your Password, you shall notify us immediately by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have reasonable grounds for believing that you have misused or are misusing the Password, we may require you to change the Password or may suspend your use of the Site, including paid-for content, until such time as we are satisfied that the security of the Site is no longer compromised by your activities.
12. We have the ability to contact registered users from time to time to let them know about our services which may include sending newsletters and news on events that they may be of interested. If you wish not to receive such material you should write at any time to email@example.com or use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every communication.
13. We make available to you links from the Site to third party sites. We are not responsible for these sites and you agree that we shall not be responsible or liable in any way for the content, advertising or products available from such sites, the quality, functionality, suitability or legality of such sites or for any dealings that you may have, or the consequences of such dealings, with such third party site operators. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named on the Site are at your sole risk and responsibility. We expressly disclaim any liability for third party information or opinions posted on the Site or any linked sites that arise under criminal or civil laws relating to defamation, intellectual property, infringement, privacy, obscenity or any other area of law.
14. You are responsible for all access to the Site using your Internet connection, even if the access is by another person.
16. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is available at all times. However, we cannot guarantee that the Site or any individual function or feature of the Site will always be available and/or error free. In particular, the Site may be unavailable during periods when we are implementing upgrades to or carrying out essential maintenance on the Site.
17. The intellectual property rights in the Site and all of the text, pictures, videos and other content made available on it are owned by us and our licensors. You may not print or otherwise make copies of any such content otherwise than in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License which applies to the Site or without our express prior permission where this licence does not apply.
18. Information and any commentary on the law contained on this web site are provided for information purposes only. Every reasonable effort is made to keep information and any commentary accurate and up to date, but no responsibility is accepted for its accuracy, correctness or completeness. Artisan Food Law Limited takes no responsibility whatsoever for any consequences which may result from acting in reliance upon anything stated. In particular, nothing on this web site, whether information, commentary or otherwise, does not, and is not intended to, amount to legal advice to any person on any particular or individual case or matter. You should obtain specific personal advice from a practising lawyer about your particular circumstances, case or matter and not rely on information or any commentary provided on this web site.
19. We provide the Site on an 'as is' basis and make no representations as to the quality, completeness or accuracy of any content made available on the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
a) Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
b) Use the Site to defame abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others, including without limitation others' privacy rights or rights of publicity.
c) Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make.
d) Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
e) Transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other computer code that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment.
f) Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site.
g) Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site. If you wish to reverse engineer any part of the Site to create an interoperable program you must contact us and we may provide interface data subject to verification of your identity and other information.
h) Remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site.
i) Frame or mirror any part of the Site without our express prior written consent.
j) Create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content.
k) Use any manual or automatic device in any way to gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without our express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator's public online search service.
We reserve the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific instances.
21. The Site may provide links to other websites and online resources. We are not responsible for and do not endorse such external sites or resources. Your use of third party websites and resources is at your own risk.
22. You may create a link to this Site, provided that:
a) The link is fair and legal and is not presented in a way that is:
(i) Misleading or could suggest any type of association, approval or endorsement by us that does not exist, or
(ii) Harmful to our reputation or the reputation of any of our affiliates.
b) You retain the legal right and technical ability to immediately remove the link at any time, following a request by us to do so.
We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the Site at any time and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
25. The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to any agreement between us.
LAST UPDATED: 6 September 2013